Friday, November 30, 2012

Busy busy busy

Sorry if you happened to look at this blog and saw countless versions of the previous "Busy" post.

One of the joys of working at the South Pole is that occasionally the Internet connection is ABYSMALLY slow. This morning was one of those times.

I wrote up a quick blog post and then tried to submit it to blogger.com, and it kept saying the post could not be published. I tried intermittently throughout the morning, always getting the same result.

Just before the satellite connection to the Internet went away, my wife sent me a message asking if I knew I'd published many copies of the same post to my blog.

At that point there wasn't really anything I could do except wait for the next satellite pass to clean up the mess.

Things should be back to normal now. Sorry if you happened to catch the flood of posts!

No comments: