Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sleepy

I'm still adjusting my sleep schedule from days to nights. It's made easier because the sun is up 24 hours a day, but I'm still not quite there. Also the idea of a day gets a little fluid ... I arrived Monday at noon and it's now Friday morning, but I've only had 3 "days", each about 28 hours long.

Yesterday (which started Wednesday at noon) I had my first day of work, starting at 10:30PM. Unfortunately, there was a minor disaster with my normal IceCube job, and I ended up staying up until 10AM to get the problem fixed. I got a bit of sleep, but woke up at 11:30AM to meet the incoming plane, because an IceCuber who was arriving had been nice enough to carry a few items I had forgotten. After that, I was agitated enough that I only got a few more hours of sleep, so I spent the last half of my work day today fighting to stay awake.

There is a low, dense layer of clouds here right now, which makes it hard to walk (because the dimness hides any details in the all-white landscape. The clouds extend to the horizon, so when you look out at the distance, you see nothing but dim whiteness everywhere!

I just got off work, and rather than go to breakfast, I'm writing this entry and then going to SLEEP! Good night (or day) all!

No comments: