Sunday, January 24, 2010

Short time

I'm leaving the South Pole in about 30 hours, so I haven't done much except work since I'm tying up a few loose ends.

I think Sabrina's able to finish her work, though while I'm in Christchurch I'll be checking my email and chat to see if she needs any help.

I was able to make one big improvement in my data acquisition software and I'm hoping to finish off another big feature before I get on the plane tomorrow.

I also did my House Mouse duties today. Everyone takes turns cleaning their shared bathroom, and the IceCube people also have responsibility for cleaning up B2, the big science area where most of the scientists work as well as B1, the lounge across the hall which has a foosball table, a pool table, bookshelves full of books and a sitting area where a group of IceCubers generally gathers each night to sit and talk (and drink). Those cleaning duties are referred to as house-mousing.

Once I leave here, I'll spend another night in McMurdo before I'm finally off the continent.

No comments: