Sunday, January 03, 2010

The CDC in CHC

Today I went to the CDC (Clothing Distribution Center) and got my extreme weather gear. I've done this enough that I'm almost (but not totally) an expert.

I was the first person waiting for the shuttle and got mildly worried when the second person showed up carrying their large backpack, because I was pretty sure we didn't need to bring anything. I was happy to find out that he had been backpacking around New Zealand and was just storing his gear at the CDC while he was working in Antarctica.

I spent the morning shopping for new cosmetics stuff (toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, soap, etc.) and got almost everything I need. I'll head back out in a few minutes to get the remaining items and a bit more money -- I've got about NZ$15, and I need NZ$10 for the shuttle to the airport tomorrow and another NZ$10 for the shuttle ride back in a month and a half.

The nice thing about shopping is that it's ~75 degrees out right now!

No comments: