Friday, January 09, 2009

I'm a bit slow

There are screens in the galley and online which loop through a few important webpages ... the day's flight schedule, the day's weather, the amount of time before satellite rise (when we get Internet connectivity) or the amount of time left before the satellite sets, a safety-related picture, and graphs of water/power/fuel usage.

The weather page includes a random picture. It's often South-Pole related, but people can submit their own pictures. One of my co-workers has a bunch of penguin pictures which pop up occasionally.

A couple of days ago, pictures of Grace Kelly started appearing. The first time I saw one, I thought "That's unusual". I saw the same picture yesterday. Today, I saw several other pictures of her, and I *finally* connected them with the Prince of Monaco's visit to the station on Wednesday.

I blame the lack of oxygen.

No comments: