Wednesday, February 14, 2007


A few days ago, we figured out the root cause behind the bad performance we've been seeing in our DAQ (data acquisition) software over the past year or so. It turned out to be due to a design flaw in a bit of software which reads in data for the various pieces of the DAQ. As a result, I've been working furiously to fix it. After around 28 hours of work over the past two and a half days, I finally got it working! This is a major step in getting the DAQ stable, and seeing the software running filled me with such elation that I was literally bouncing around the room.

For the first time since I've gotten to the Pole, I feel like we have a very good chance of actually having things working before we leave next week!

This also means that, after the silence of the past few days, I'll have time to post to this blog again!

No comments: