Friday, February 09, 2007

A good day

Today, I woke up after 4.5 continuous hours of sleep (and about 7.5 total hours of sleep), which is a new record for me at Pole!

After I woke up, I fired up my laptop and found an email msg telling me I could move into the main station! Summer season is winding down, so the station is down to 180 people after starting the week at around 250, and more will be leaving over the next 5 days. My group is staying until the last possible plane, however, so they've let me move into an empty room in the main station.

I hauled a load of my stuff from the Jamesway to the main station, then headed into the galley for the evening's repast, filet mignon and crab legs. After supper, it took two more trips to haul all my stuff over to the main station.

I worked for a bit, and then a group of us went and played Settlers of Cataan for a few hours.

After that, I spent the next 8 hours or so beating my head against a memory leak in our software, which I still haven't found. Even so, it's been a pretty good day!

I'll post my pictures at the ceremonial/geographic South Pole tomorrow...

No comments: