Monday, November 20, 2017

Another day

I did a full day's work today, the first in two weeks! I spent the day in Crary library and made some good progress on my current project, which feels satisfying.

There have been three successful LC-130 flights to the Pole this season. Some of my co-workers were supposed to be on the fourth flight but have been delayed for a couple of weeks, and their flight today was cancelled again. Ours will be the fifth flight, but it won't leave until the day after the fourth flight successfully lands at Pole. The people on the sixth Pole flight are en route to McMurdo right now, so they're stacking up!

If you're reading this via Facebook and posting questions or comments for me, I apologize but I probably won't be able to read them. I've tried to check both Facebook and Twitter but both sites time out before anything loads :-(

I'm cutting this post short because I'm about to go to *another* safety lecture. This one is the outdoor safety lecture which is required before we're allowed to venture off-station. If I'm stuck here for too much longer, I may try one of the long hikes!

No comments: