Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Slow satellite

Sorry for the lack of a post yesterday. The satellite was extremely slow and it was just too painful to use.

There were a couple of significant events yesterday. The first was that the traverse made it here and are parked out by the berms. No pictures because I forgot they were arriving and was reminded after they'd already dropped off their big bladders of fuel and parked their vehicles.

The second big event was that I did laundry. This means that I have clean clothes, but it also means sweet, sweet humidity. For those who don't know, the South Pole is literally the driest place on earth because all moisture freezes out of the air. When I do laundry, I hang most of the heavier things in my room and the evaporating moisture from the clothes makes the night's sleep much more pleasant.

I'm running off now to watch them drill a hole! Pictures later, I promise!

No comments: